2 ½ cups TC Multi-baking mix, ½ tsp taco seasoning (optional), Water to make the dough (appr. 1 ½ cups).
1.Combine the baking mix and the seasoning in a bowl; add enough water to make a stiff dough.
2. Knead for 3 – 5 minutes to be soft enough to roll into circles.
3. Divide the dough into 12 equal parts.
4. Using a rolling pin roll each ball into a thin tortilla (dusting baking mix so that the dough doesn’t stick), approximately measuring 8 inches in diameter.
5. Heat a griddle or a frying pan and cook one tortilla at a time. Place one rolled tortilla on the hot pan and cook for 30 seconds on one side.
6. Turn it to the other side and cook on the other side until small bubbles appear on the surface.
7. Repeat the cooking and turning processes until both the sides of the tortilla are covered with small bubbles that indicate the tortilla is cooked.
8. Remove from the pan and spread the cooked tortilla with melted margarine or vegetable oil keep it covered in a cloth towel or a tortilla warmer.
9. Cook all the tortillas similarly and keep them wrapped in a cloth towel. Makes 12 tortillas.
NUTRIENT INFORMATION FOR THE DOUGH:
KCAL PROTgm PHEmg METmg LEUmg
Per Recipe 1050 0.9 27.5 5.8 50
Per tortilla 87.5 0.08 2.3 0.5 4.2